Blog VauLT

Random

June 06, 2019

Direct Massage


on the inflamed areas is what has worked 
the best for me.  I had a rotator-cuff injury May 2006.  
February 2019 is when the Adhesive Capsulitis aka: Frozen Shoulder began. 
The first month was almost complete limited motion. 
I used TheraTape to alleviate stress on certain muscles, which were becoming 
inflamed and rather sore due to the impending freezing stages. 
I also used a combination of Tiger Balm, Icy Hot-Lidocane, and Icy-Hot creams.
However, the best treatment, in my opinion was direct massage to the inflamed areas.  
This was done by either manual manipulation or by getting a friend to use their fingers, elbows, chin(lol), and heels of feet to penetrate the sore areas.  With each bout of massage
the movement in my arm became looser and easier to move in many directions. 
It is now only four months into Frozen Shoulder and I am back to driving and water aerobics. 


No comments: